Ug.

I am a new user on Everything 2. I've been here only one or two weeks. And already, I find myself raging against the system.

Okay, that's a bit of an overstatement. I love Everything. It is quite awesome. But there is a problem. You see, I enjoy comics. I know much about them. So I noded what I knew. However, comics universes are extremely interrelated. I would write one node about comics, but with all the different hard links I had in there, I would have to write about six more. And more writeups related to those. In the meantime, I have a lot of dead links.
This is not a problem with some topics. Some topics are already heavily noded. You add your writeup and link it to all the relevant topics, and the nodes are there. I had to writeup all the nodes for the members of The Infinity Watch (although I still have to writeup Pip the troll and Maxam). The worst part is, nobody is really interested in comics nodes. My highest rep for a comics node is one. They are relegated to relative obscurity, and so their reps will not change much now that they are not new. It's very hard to build XP when you can't vote and you aren't being voted on.

So there you have it. A newbie complaining about things he can not change. You've probably heard it all before. But I had to let off some steam. Thanks for your time.