. . . is generally really really really bad. Too often, young folk (and older folk) write poetry that focuses purely on their feelings, which is cool, but it is not something that needs to come out of that one drawer in your dresser that you keep those random scraps in. (Personally, I have a filing cabinet for my writing.)

I implore you, if you feel like your poetry is something more than your feelings, that it has something to say beyond those feelings that everyone else has. Your radical ideas about your ex- have already occurred to others. There is nothing wrong with writing for yourself, catharsis is not a bad thing. If you love someone, what buisiness of it is mine? Tell them! I needn't know.

If you still want to write poetry, try something other than free verse and/or something other than standard rhyming (abab ccdd). Try writing a sonnet or other form poetry, and remember, form does not mean cookie-cutter. There are other forms of poetry. Please experiment, you can't taint yourself with experimentation.

And, please, please, if you think yourself a poet, please acknowledge that some people will not like you (as a person or a writer). You are not a beautiful and unique snowflake. Sorry.