Hershey's is the United States' most well known (and perhaps largest) manufacturer of chocolate and chocolate candy. They are headquartered in Hershey, PA, where they also maintain manufacturing facilities and a theme park for visitors. Their product line ranges from the most basic (Hershey's Milk Chocolate) up through caramels, dark chocolate, nougat (what the hell is nougat?) and wafer candies. The actual corporation is named Hershey's Foods and produces groceries other than chocolate - although I can't imagine why. They also produce non-candy chocolate, like cooking chocolate and hot chocolate mix, as well as a full line of ice cream flavors.

Although not the world's best chocolate, Hershey's is reassuringly consistent in much the same way McDonalds is - you know what you want, and you know what you'll get, no ifs ands or buts. For true chocoholics on the move, the best option at your local sweetshop or newspaper stand is probably the Big Block - solid block bars of chocolate. My favorites are the Hershey's with Almonds and the Mr. Goodbar. Krackel isn't bad either. :-)

Finally, the best way to consume these at the office is probably Hershey's Miniatures - small, individually wrapped portions of the lovely stuff in bright paper and foil.

MMMMmmmmmm.