I just got really tired of my natural dull brown hair. It's that type of brown that is really remarkable because it is so incredibly unremarkable.

Once upon a time, back when I first wrote this writeup, I was coloring my hair at home. Just using the stuff at the store - primarily the Feria line, with the color Chocolate Cherry. It started off with a purplish tint to it that faded quickly, to a deep brownish red.

Later on, I started getting it done at the salon. I ended up with a honey red, which looked nice, and there were usually some simple blond highlights in it. I liked it, but eventually got tired of it too, after a year plus of it.

Well, after that, I finally got up the nerve to do something I had been wanting to do for a while, but was afraid to. I knew it would be fine where I work, and when I saw someone else with something similar, that's when I knew it was safe.

So I found a place that did it, and made my appointment. A week later, I went from nice honey red to black with purple streaks. Quite the change.

I've since found that Special Effects hair color is quite addictive in a way. I'm not planning on keeping any color for a long time, but instead to play with the colors, see what can be done.

Why? Because it's really fun. It attracts attention, which I'm oddly finding rather enjoyable. It looks really amazing. And because I can.