The last historical story (no science fiction elements) was Black Orchid, a two part story set in June of 1925, and bearing much similarity to an Agatha Christie novel.

The police box was chosen as the shape of the TARDIS because the creator of the show wanted something contemporary that would remind people of the real world when the travellers landed on an alien planet or were stuck in the past. Unfortunately he did not know they were being phased out, he was a new arrival to the country, having come from Canada or the United States.

There was little in the way of continuity in this series, the author and script writer Terrance Dicks admitted in a recent collection of mistakes that the continuity consisted of "What You Can Remember", making for much confusion.

All part of the fun really.

Here's a little witticism for any Who fans out there. They know exactly what it means:

How many Doctor Who fans does it take to change a lightbulb? None, they just sit around and wait for it to come back on.

26/9/2003: And It's coming back! So far we know that Russell T. Davis is going to write some scripts and it will be on BBC One sometime in 2005. Do you feel like all your christmasses have come at once? WELL THEY HAVE!


Doctor Who Story Guide (started 19/10/01)

There will be more as I finish each season, when I have a few more I may shift them out of here into their own node: This will probably get too big. The letters are the story codes, used for referencing the stories in most of the writing about the show. The season date given is just the year the season started to air on TV, as they often started at different times. However, they usually run from the end of the start year to the middle or later months of the next year, just to be confusing. When I get enough I'll do it up properly with the times, this is just a quick reference for now. Extra attention is payed to stories where the film is lost.

First Season - 1963-1964

Second Season - 1964-1965

Third Season - 1965-1966

Fourth Season - 1966-1967

Seventeenth Season - 1979-1980


Companions

I'm not going to bother with Katarina or Sara Kingdom as they are of such small consequence it's not worth placing them in the database. Katarina appears in one story and is killed in the next, and Sara Kingdom pops up and gets killed off in the same story Katarina dies in.


Well Known Monsters

A similar approach to the companions will be taken with the monsters from now on: If they only appear in one story it's not worth creating a single node, they can just go on the end of the relevant story. There's far too many monsters to put them all into their own nodes.