previous | next

I'm noding with the lights off again. I'm getting more and more used to the eery glow of the monitor being my only light. So soothing. I look outside my window to see the moon peeking out from behind a tree. The halo is huge and misty.

I'm in a much better place after yesterday. I walked with a long list of my friends behind me, and I felt good to be with them, but good also just to be walking. Several other things happened that night that made me feel good as well . . . you don't get to read about those.

It was the first day of school. I spent 700$ on books. 700$ on books. 700$. That's a lot of money. The best part was that I did it without blinking an eye. Of course, I wasn't the only one spending obscene amounts on books, everyone in my class was expected to. Still, I own significantly more of a redwood than I used to.

Other than that, my day was empty. All they expected us to do that day was register, which I had previously accomplished, and buy books. Tomorrow I'm expected to attend an "Orientation and Fun Day!". Pffft.. Right. Even the alliteration of syrupy sweet school spirit makes me want to damage things.

Because of my newly reacquired goodly feelings, I lent myself the money to purchase two CDs. Amon Tobin's Bricolage and the Human Traffic soundtrack. About neither had I heard anything previously, but both are fantastic. I should lend myself money more often.