Kappa Kappa Psi, National Honorary Fraternity
for College Band
Members, is an organization operating exclusively
in the field of the college band. It's purposes
are as follows:
Preamble to the National Constitution of Kappa Kappa Psi fraternity
- To promote the existence and welfare of the college and university band, and to cultivate at large a wholesome respect for their activites and achievements.
- To honor outstanding band members through privilege of membership extended as reward for technical achievement and appreciation for the best in music.
- To stimulate campus leadership and promulgate and uncompromising respect, through the medium of the college band, for gracious conduct, good taste, and unswerving loyalty.
- To foster a close relationship between college bands and promote a high average of attainment by the performance of good music and selection of worthwile projects.
- To provide a pleasant and helpful social experience for all engaged in college band work and to cooperate with other musical organizations in a manner consistent with the purposes of the institution at which chapters are located.