we are living is quite boring
as it is, so I've come up with some improvements
Life v1.2 TODO
- Tab completion: We all will eventually run into words we cannot pronounce, write, or even fully
comprehend. Tab completion will take care of them!
- Buffer: No more tedious memo books, just scroll up the buffer and see what you said the night
before at 22:31:45 - it stores much more information too!
- Copy and paste: Tired of repeating yourself or quoting someone else over and over again? Don't
worry, with this little feature you can easily forward messages et cetera.
- Save and load: Didn't get that woman of your dreams to go out with you? It takes just a little
persistence with this small application - and talking about safe sex!
- (De)compression utility: Don't you just hate it when all the stuff you want to take with you for
the holiday doesn't fit in your luggage? No more problems!
- Taskbar: No more forgetting what you were doing! Taskbar will list all the jobs running, similar
to 'ps'. See also:
- cron No more forgetting what you were supposed to do! This baby will remind you to
wake up, watch your favorite tv show or see if the potatoes are done.
- Easy scripting: Someone called you names, huh? And you didn't come up with anything good for a
response? Just create a script with regexp to anything insulting and bind it to choose a random
profanity! Comes with many complete scripts, eg. for driving, fighting and quiz shows!
- /away: Don't want to be bothered? Well, just set yourself away with a fully customizable away
message and no one will be there to harass you - and even if there was, the awaylog would remember
everything they said!
- /whois: Who's that beatiful girl over the room? If you don't dare to ask her personally,
use /whois to check her name. Includes the famous Idletime display! Integrated with /away.
- Google: Don't really know what something/someone is about? Or are you having a sudden urge
for some pr0n? Google is here to save your day!
- man: No need for expensive driving schools - man is here to help you! Includes a whole lot of
cooking recipes too!
- /ignore, /kickban and /kill: That stupid bloke over there is taunting you? Now you can
effectively ignore or even kickban the person. And if the stupid bloke is really annoying, you can
kill him - although this is reserved for IRLops.
- No more bugs: Due to effective extermination, there wouldn't be any bugs to cause hazardous
situations for the users of Life v1.2.
- Faster kernel: With just a little bit of hardware upgrading the users would feel the new
amazing speed increase in whatever they do! A faster kernel effectively lengthens the day!
- Complete absence of lag: As a side effect, everything is responded a lot faster too, thanks to
all the new improvements and updates!
If you have any more ideas concerning the future version of Life, please feel free to add them here or
/msg me and i'll add it.
Update! Jul 22nd 19:41 CEST:
On the contraty to the popular belief, I did create this write-up myself (oh well, a friend assisted me but anyway). If you refuse to believe, ask #irssi or #adom in IRCnet. I also have the logs of the brainstorming saved on my hard drive. break suggested me to write this disclaimer in order to make all you prejudiced softlinkers shame on yourselves.