So today the wi-fi decided that my laptop shouldn't be connected to the internet. Kinda normal, router's been possessed of a foul temperament since we got it. I restart it. This usually fixes it but not today. Check the desktop it has internet access. Restart the router again, still not fixed. Okay process of elimination says that the problem isn't with the router or the internet connection so it must be with my laptop. Restart the laptop after seventeen days of up time. Then Windows decided to hold my laptop hostage for a few hours while it updated. Screw it, I'm writing a day log.

Despite being five days behind schedule I remain cautiously optimistic. It's certainly a change to try to write within a specific time frame. All of my write ups to date have been done over a period of days. I think even my earlier day logs were started on one day and copy/pasted to the next. I write slow. But clearly I can do at least passable work quickly. Actually, I'm almost proud of Dr. Dinosaur. Wanted to do a part at the end where I claim that I found the draft after I found my house broken into, my fridge raided, and claw marks on my walls but ultimately decided that would be too meta.

I have one more Steam game to node and then I'll have to find a new aspect of my life to fixate on or just start going through my drafts. I'm a little afraid of that second option because there are things I want to write up well and I worry I'll end up giving them rushed treatments. That would hardly be the worst thing in the world but I all ready regret publishing a few pieces before they were ready.

That brings me to something I've been wondering about. Could I delete one of my existing write ups and submit a complete rewrite? It feels a little XP whorish but I don't like the idea of doing a complete rewrite just to have it buried in the database, only seen three more times before the sun turns into a red giant and swallows the Earth.


RUST IS FOR THE WEAK