Twisted: A 1995 album by Hallucinogen (Simon Postford) Released on Dragonfly records. Fine, mind-bending Goa trance. Here is a track listing:

Twisted: A Record label founded by Simon Posford some time after the release of the above album, featuring Psychedelic trance artists such as Hallucinogen, Shpongle, Tristan, Trickster, Process, and otherly named combinations of the same culprits.

Twisted is a Python based framework for writing network applications. The way it works is simple: instead of being a library which your code calls, think of your code as the library, called by Twisted.

As a very simple example, there is the QOTD protocol: when a connection is made, send a witty quote back and close the connection. With Twisted, this would be implemented as a class which is passed to the Twisted framework, which then runs this server on a port of your choosing.

Twisted can also be used to write client applications, by using some different classes. In fact, it has classes for plenty of things that you may want to do. It has modules for database access (abstracted, of course, to allow XML files to be used by code that once connected to MySQL or something similar), user authentication, high level things like FTP and HTTP, and pretty much anything you can think of.

Included with Twisted are a web server, an IRC server, a mail server, an object broker, and a host of relatively unimportant servers. All this can be reused from your custom code, so this could come in handy if you ever want to have HTTP and FTP access to your up-to-the-minute shipping orders or something.

The web site is at www.twistedmatrix.com if you want more information. There is a nice amount of documentation on that site, including an automatically generated API reference.

TWISTED
Executed, hanged.

The 1811 Dictionary of the Vulgar Tongue.

Twist"ed, a.

Contorted; crooked spirally; subjected to torsion; hence, perverted.

Twisted curve Geom., a curve of double curvature. See Plane curve, under Curve. -- Twisted surface Geom., a surface described by a straight line moving according to any law whatever, yet so that the consecutive positions of the line shall not be in one plane; a warped surface.

 

© Webster 1913.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.