Something or someone who feeds upon the leftovers of others, the way most layvers feed on what little money some people have to their names. Also an organism that makes use of the leftovers of others, the way a college student will pick up a piece of mechanical pencil lead on the floor of a classroom and put it in their mechanical pencil because it's free.

Transforms from steam shovel to robot and back!

CONSTRUCTICON: SCAVENGER

FUNCTION: MINING AND SALVAGE
"Everything is worth something, even me."

Desperately tries to prove his worth to comrades by trying to find things of value--whether by digging up a hillside or a backyard. Only tolerated because of ability to use shovel's magnetic, ionic, electrical, gas sensors to detect presence of fuels, metals, etc. As right arm module, combines with fellow Constructicons to form giant robot "Devastator".

  • Strength: 7
  • Intelligence: 2
  • Speed: 3
  • Endurance: 6
  • Rank: 4
  • Courage: 9
  • Firepower: 6
  • Skill: 7
Transformers Tech Specs


Scavenger suffered from the same tread confusion that Bonecrusher did, but not quite as obviously. But he did have that weird "tail" because his shovel didn't fold up neatly onto his back in robot mode (except in the cartoon). He suffered from the same boxy problem that Hook did, but only on the top half, so it was easier to tolerate. Still kinda ugly, though.

Scav"en*ger (?), n. [OE. scavager an officer with various duties, originally attending to scavage, fr. OE. & E. scavage. See Scavage, Show, v.]

A person whose employment is to clean the streets of a city, by scraping or sweeping, and carrying off the fifth. The name is also applied to any animal which devours refuse, carrion, or anything injurious to health.

Scavenger beetle Zool., any beetle which feeds on decaying substances, as the carrion beetle. -- Scavanger crab Zool., any crab which feeds on dead animals, as the spider crab. -- Scavenger's daughter [corrupt. of Skevington's daughter], an instrument of torture invented by Sir W. Skevington, which so compressed the body as to force the blood to flow from nostrils. and sometimes from the hands and feet.

Am. Cyc.

 

© Webster 1913.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.