7-bromo-5-(2-chlorophenyl)-1,3-dihydro-2H-1,4-benzodiazepin-2-one, better known as phenazepam is a benzodiazepine drug developed in the Soviet Union. As of this writing, it's completely unscheduled in the United States. Since benzodiazepines are CIII drugs at the most, they don't fall under the Analog Act.

That said, it's completely insane. It has a 60 hour half-life (compare to Valium's 10-200 hour half-life (including active metabolites), Klonopin's 18-50 hour half-life, and Xanax's 6-12 hour half-life) and it is ten to twenty times more potent by mass than Valium.

Here's a typical tale of phenazepam: You buy a gram from an online vendor, either eyeball a dose or do the responsible thing and make a 1mg/mL solution in ethanol or propylene glycol. After an hour, you don't notice a thing, so you redose. Your stuff's probably been stepped on, right? You still don't notice anything, so you redose. Cut to a month later, you wake up with no memories prior to dosing, you have a Word document up detailing, in extremely typo-ridden text, a destruction derby that you're funding, all of your credit cards are maxed out, your arms are covered in scars that weren't there last time you remember, and there's a stolen taxi in your driveway. And your GABA receptors are trashed so in about three days you're going to feel terrible, full of anxiety, and you might have seizures.

That's phenazepam.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.