Description

Clonazepam (commercian name Klonopin), a benzodiazepine, is available as scored tablets with a K-shaped perforation containing 0.5 mg, 1 mg or 2 mg clonazepam, and unscored tablets with a K-shaped perforation containing 1 mg or 2 mg of clonazepam. Each tablet also contains lactose, magnesium stearate, microcrystalline cellulose and corn starch, with the following colorants: 0.5 mg: FD&C yellow no. 6 lake; 1 mg: FD&C blue no. 1 lake and FD&C blue No. 2 lake.

Chemically, clonazepam is 5-(o-Chlorophenyl)-1,3-dihydro-7-nitro-2H-1,4-benzodiazepin-2-one. It is a light yellow crystalline powder. It has a molecular weight of 315.72. The molecular formula is C15H10ClN3O3 .

Clonazepam or klonopin is also perscribed for anxiety or panic. It can be taken at regular intervals throughout the day or as needed at the onset of an attack. It can lessen or even eliminate the attack in many patients. For responsible users it can be a wonder drug. If abused it is addictive. Stevie Nicks was once addicted to klonopin.

Clonazepam is also prescribed for tic disorders.

About Tigguhr's mention of addiction, this noder can personally confirm that clonazepam is physically addictive. I recently discontinued my dosing regimen (2 mg/day, for about the past two years) due to a fuckup at the pharmacy. I had to spend a long weekend in my apartment. Although the symptoms of my condition (verbal tic disorder, you fuck faced fucker ssssssshitty c-c-c-CUNT!) did not appear, withdrawal did:

  • Mild insomnia
  • Anxiety (felt sorta jumpy)
  • The same thought occurring to me every 3 minutes or so: "I WANT MY DRUGS!"
  • General sort of blah feeling (although one could certainly attribute that to spending 3 days indoors)
  • Weird balance problems (although I did not actually fall down)
  • Could not concentrate

Don't get me wrong; Clonazepam takes care of my symptoms ("You rat bastard!") quite nicely, with almost no side effects. All I'm concerned with is that being chronically medicated is a limiting factor in one's life.

I was recently prescribed clonazepam by my doctor because my daily anxiety was getting out of control (see What it's like to be raided by the FBI). He said it was more powerful than Buspar and that it sounded like clonazepam was what I needed.

Before I left he asked me if I engaged in any recreational drugs and I said no, besides wine and booze. He said to be very careful because clonazepam amplifies the effects of alcohol. He said one beer can turn into five beers.

Clonazepam has virtually eliminated my current level of anxiety. This shit is awesome. I sleep like the dead now, I don't wake up during the night anymore for seemingly no reason. There is one side effect though, which I didn't expect.

My doctor was right about mixing clonezapam with alcohol.

Last week I had taken a pill and decided to install Dungeon Siege. It was about 10:30 pm. I poured myself a nice gin and tonic and sat down for the install. It was taking a long time and I had since finished my drink .. I noticed suddenly that I was drowsy. So I figured, hey, I'll go lay down while this finishes installing.

Note to self: Don't operate heavy machinery. I woke up fourteen hours later.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.