Isometric -- found at http://isometric.spaceninja.com -- is the name of an online comic strip created by Miles Johnson in 1999. Totally drawn in an isometric point-of-view (also called 3/4, quite common in computer games such as Fallout, Ultima VIII: Pagan... you know, that mix of top-view and side-view, showing a slanted plane), and all the characters are... cubes. That's right, cubes. With no arms or legs, just slits for eyes.

Even though most of Iso's stories are stand-alone, most of the stories feature recurring elements: martial arts, ninjas, succubus, a Gothic city corrupted by the Illuminati, computer science, FreeBSD, philosophy, Hell and the very sexy Demoness (er, as sexy as a cube can be!) and the very cool Dangerman -- a yellow cube with yellow police lines across him!

All in all, Isometric tries and gathers lots of cliches found on movies, comics and so on... I guess everybody needs their share of stories with manic heroes, hot chicks, morons at an American high school, forces of nature and science... or a mix-up of any of the forementioned elements. Guaranteed fun!

I`so*met"ric (?), I`so*met"ric*al (?), a. [Iso- + Gr. measure.]

1.

Pertaining to, or characterized by, equality of measure.

2. Crystallog.

Noting, or conforming to, that system of crystallization in which the three axes are of equal length and at right angles to each other; monometric; regular; cubic. Cf. Crystallization.

Isometric lines Thermodynamics, lines representing in a diagram the relations of pressure and temperature in a gas, when the volume remains constant. -- Isometrical perspective. See under Perspective. -- Isometrical projection, a species of orthographic projection, in which but a single plane of projection is used. It is so named from the fact that the projections of three equal lines, parallel respectively to three rectangular axes, are equal to one another. This kind of projection is principally used in delineating buildings or machinery, in which the principal lines are parallel to three rectangular axes, and the principal planes are parallel to three rectangular planes passing through the three axes.

 

© Webster 1913.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.