We should start a list of all noders who fence. I shall start the list with me and those I know fence.
Someday I will re-organize by weapon or vicinity. Care you which? Want you it sooner? Frag mir!
If'n ya do fence, drop me (s_alanet
) a /msg
! Tell me who you are, what and where you fence, and if we'll see you at any competitions (if you're competitive), or if you just do it for fun! (Which is a Good Thing
Incidentally, there's a group called fencingnoders - go check it out! /Msg us - we're victim-hungry souls, and we like company, too. If you ask nicely, you're more than likely to be added to the list!
And if I should get something totally wrong, please tell me. Thank you for your time - here's the list:
Fred Bloggs (the) is a foilist at College (winchester).
The handy HamsterMan fences foil at Winchester College, as well! (It's in England, or so they say.)
Discordian says I fence at DC Fencer's Club in (well, near) Washington DC. I go to Summer Nationals and Junior Olympics and whatever other events I happen to find myself attracted to.
Ptomato the Fleep is a foilist at his secret enclave, the DSV Gascogne club, located in The Netherlands. It is located in the University of Twente's fencing hall. He screams for vengeance against the oppressors... Or at least, he'll be happy to fence you if you're willing to fly over. :) He can be found at various non-high-level competitions in the area, 'specially university ones.
The Lepidopterous Lepitor (when not in giant moth form) fences foil and epee in sunny, dry Utah.
- s_alanet - Fenced sabre at the Oregon Fencing Alliance, and you may have seen him at NACs all over the place (and Summer Nationals, etc.). He will mysteriously resurface at Purdue University. If you fence there, tell him, because he's being lazy and not showing up ;).
- renderer - Sabre. From the good ol' OFA, and a mere amateur. Ask him about his parry!
- RimRod - In his own words, Hey I fence at the DC Fencer's Club now in Washington, DC. He is also known to fence at NACs.
- Jennifer - Formerly fenced sabre at St. Edmund's Academy in Pittsburgh, but is now an unloved orphan fencer with no club. Adopt her!
- Kit Lo - Spectates foil in NYC.
- WickerNipple - Fences sabre or epee (traitor! :P), also in NYC somewheres...
- getzburg - Fences epee in Poughkeepsi, NY.
- Werelobster - Fences sabre in Oxfordshire, England, at the Abingdon Fencing Club. "Honourary member of the AFC Cannon Fodder - we're the ones who turn up at competitions to make everyone else feel better."
- JediBix783 is a fencer. Further news as situation warrants.
- The Devious DrSeudo fences epee in the SF Bay Area, competing when it's convenient... Beware, beware...
- The Incredible Inkoate fences sabre (woo hoo!) at Brandeis University (in Boston, apparently).
- The Succinct simonc "does foil" in Canberra, Australia, at the Australian National University Fencing Club. Simonc is also Secretary General of the state peak body ACTFA, and is a delegate to the Australian Fencing Federation. Quoth he, "Phear my political might!"