Aside from being a term of endearment, a cutie is also a tiny seedless clementine mandarin or murcott mandarin. Being as delicious a treat as their name implies, cuties are highly covetted. As is the name itself, which is a registered trademark of the Sun Pacific Corporation.

Grown exclusively in California, cuties are available primarily in the wintery months. You may find them in your supermarket even as late as March or as early as October, though.

They are often sold in flat crate boxes of five pounds for six to eight US dollars; sometimes they are in three pound bags which sell for slightly less. Personally, I prefer to buy them in the crates as I feel they are more likely to stay intact during the shipping process—but doing so then presents the "problem" of eating them all before they spoil.

Compared to other types of citrus fruits, cuties are ridiculously easy to peel. Cuties are not organic but they are delish.

If kept in a cool, dry place they should keep in the home for up to two weeks.

Eating nothing but cuties for a day or three is a quick and tasty way to cleanse.

Blushing as we lace our fingers
I'll lean in to steal a kiss.
Knowing that the taste will linger
when I no longer have your lips.

Pulling you close,
holding you tight,
to help me remember
when I'm alone at night.

The feel of your warmth
the taste of your skin
will help me to fight
when the nightmares begin.

Hoarding little memories
to live off of when you're gone.
Praying they don't fade away
so that our relationship lives on.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.