Atari 2600 Game
Produced by: DSD/Camelot
Model Number: n/a
Year of Release: 1983
Atari Rarity Guide: 9 Extremely Rare

The object of Tooth Protectors is to guide T.P. (the Tooth Protector) as he protects the teeth during a Snack Attack. Valuable points are accumulated as T.P. deflects the cubes dropped by the Snack Attackers. Additionally, if you are successful in protecting the teeth from decay, valuable bonus points can also be earned.

This is one of the most collectible Atari 2600 games ever made. The game was available only via mail order from Johnson and Johnson. It had no box or manual, it just came in a cheap foam case. Very few of these games were ever made, and even fewer of them were ever actually sent out to people. Johnson and Johnson threw away their inventory of these games to save warehouse space. The promotion had failed miserably, and this game was not collectable yet, so they just tossed them out. Since that time they have had thousands of requests for this game, so perhaps throwing them away was a bit short-sighted.

The purpose of this game is to protect a set of teeth from cavities, tooth decay, sugar, and gingivitis. The graphics and sound are so bad that they are funny (even for an Atari 2600 game). This isn't a game you are really going to be playing, even if you do manage to find a copy of it.

This game is not fun. However if you get one it will be the shining star of your Atari 2600 collection. It is extremely valuable due to its rarity. Expect to pay over $250 for a copy of this game. This game is much more uncommon than other promotional titles like Chase the Chuckwagon, but it isn't quite as in demand, so you may actually have an easier time finding it.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.