1. Collect your favorite leaves, place them between two sheets of waxed paper, then iron the "sandwich" with a regular household iron on a low setting...voila, instant wallhangings or bookmarks or window decorations or whatever.

  2. If you are hosting a haunted house for Halloween, (Hello,alliteration, glad to see you're still with us.) try adding some leaves to your spread for atmosphere. They crunch nicely and just smell like Fall. If they are wet, they'll start to smell more creepy. Just trust me. (Yes, eventually they will start to smell moldy, and it's at this point that you should throw them out. Common sense, people!.)

  3. This one is quite obvious to the crunchy folks out there- toss 'em in the compost. (A cat-obsessed friend of mine suggests another recycling method: using them as kitty litter. Hmmmm.)

  4. Take a walk in the woods and bring along a tree identification guide for your region. See how different a forest looks without it's clothes. It's not quite naked, but it's certainly undressed.
  5. Learn more. Ask questions. Why do leaves change in the first place? What does "deciduous" mean? How are the seasons different in regions other than your own? Have fun expanding your knowledge.

  6. Press your favorites between the pages of a dictionary, so they'll surprise you some time in the future.

  7. And, finally, an oldie but a goodie, the classic rake 'em in a pile and jump on in. How can you improve on that bliss?

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.