Whether you're walking through the libraries of Ivy League universities, transribing ancient works in a monastery, or rummaging through Roswell files at the Pentagon or the National Archives, it's hard not to get the feeling that you are surrounded by the Sacred Halls of Supreme Knowledge. Any place where you get the feeling you could find the Domesday Book, 1847's leash laws, every issue of Hustler, and a copy of 8 Heads in a Duffel Bag on DVD is easily Sacred. Everything is, in a way, a Sacred Site of Supreme Knowledge, and I'm sure even the Library of Congress doesn't have so much information about Mr. T's testicle-eating ways.

To me, The Groves of Academe is more of a sunny place where the intelligentsia gather and converse over the simple truths which shape the universe. The Sacred Halls of Supreme Knowledge, on the other hand, are dark, expansive and indoors, with rows upon rows of musty old books and a general sense of foreboding. The Sacred Halls also contain a lot of esoteric bullshit which is too mundane for discussion on the higher plane of The Groves of Academe. Basically, the Groves vs. Halls issue is thought vs. information. Luckily, Everything is an approximation of both. But that's just my opinion.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.