Murray's appeal stems from his deep commitment to plundering, pillaging, and wreaking havok all across the Caribbean in The Curse of Monkey Island and, later, Escape from Monkey Island. However, Murray's quest for demonic power is somewhat hampered by the fact that he is only a demonic skull, not a full-fledged skeleton warrior, as he had been until Monkey Island hero Guybrush Threepwood sunk his rowboat and stole his bony arm. Basically, Murray is stuck pestering Guybrush, since he really can't do much else (though he did have a brief stint in Slappy Cromwell's "Speare!" and made a rather adorably demonic guardian for the Voodoo Lady). One of the things that I personally love about Murray is his quoteability. I mean, how can anyone resist his demonic humor? What a great character!

Murray: I'm a powerful demonic force! I'm the harbinger of your doom! And the forces of darkness will applaud me as I STRIDE through the gates of hell carrying your head on a pike!
Guybrush Threepwood: Stride?
Murray: All right then, roll! ROLL through the gates of hell. Must you take the fun out of everything?

{Murray is suspended from the top of a pole near Voodoo 'n Things}
Guybrush Threepwood: How'd you get up there?
Murray: Through sheer force of will!

So classic. :)

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.