A new roller coaster built at Cedar Point for the year 2000.

It has a 310-foot fall first hill, an 80-degree descent, reaches over 90 mph, over-banked turns (banking more than 90 degrees but not an inversion).

One again, Cedar Point breaks amusement park thrill ride barriers.

Bring an extra set of undergarments.

Millennium Force opened in May 2000. It takes about a minute and 60 seconds to complete this speed demon-adrenaline junkie's dream-come-true at a top speed of 92 mph. It's loud, fast, and oh-so-smooth. The force runs three trains at once, each car seating four people (in stadium seating, no less - two front, two back), and 36 people per train. An elevator-cable assembly pulls you smoothly, quietly (and really damn quickly) up the 300-ft first hill - and accelerates you over the top into a gut-wrenching freefall of a first drop, and then you are thrown into a 120-degree banked turn. There are two more major hills (the second is ~180 feet high!) and a minor whoopie, all of which generate a wonderful 0-g experience if you aren't wedged in your seat. There are two or three more of the 120 degree banked turns, I think. You'd think I'd remember after riding it three times in one day, but it is such a frikking rush that you forget.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.