Keira Knightley is a stunningly beautiful young woman. She was born on March 23rd 1985 in London, to Scottish author Sharman MacDonald and English actor Will Knightley.

In spite of her young age, Keira has managed to rack up an impressing range of acting experience and a massive fanbase already.

She started her film career at only nine years old in A Village Affair. From there she ended up in films like Innocent Lies (1995) and Coming Home (1998), before her career really got started when she was offered the role as Handmaiden Sabe (The Queen's decoy) in Star Wars Episode 1 - the Phantom Menace in (1999).

After Star Wars, she has hardly had time to look back, as the films just kept piling up. In 2001 she was the 'princess' in the Disney production Princess of Thieves, and later The Hole and Deflation. In 2002 she added Bend it like Beckham to her list of roles, this time as one of the two lead actors.

At the moment, Keira is working on Monsieur N which is scheduled to be released some time in 2003, and Pure, which is to be released in the end of the summer 2002.

With such an impressive film CV already, along with good acting skills and incredible looks (yeah, I know I have repeated this several times - can you tell I fancy her? *sigh*), we are bound to see more from Keira in the future. Who knows - perhaps she is heading to replace some of the big names like Julia Roberts and Penelope Cruz soon?

update:Other Keira Knightley films: Pirates of the Caribbean: The curse of the black pearl, King Arthur

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.