I return to a building that recurs in my dreams. Sometimes it is a library, sometimes an office, but the architecture is more or less consistent. A conference is being held.

People are in small groups in different rooms. Minutes are kept and published. I discover that my siblings are present for some reason .

It evolves that I am crawling throug a tight plaster-walled passage. I come to a glass box. It is a puzzle. One must be inside the box, which is sealed, while another manipulates sliding gears using controls on the outside in order to open a lock.

I enter the box, and, contorting to avoid the sliding gears, I am able to remain while the puzzle is solved.

Suddenly I am atop the box, while everyone else is inside. The box sits in a grassy field near the building. It begins to fill with water. Those inside will drown if I don't do something. I try to force it open, but cannot. There are zombies. A girl is walking by in the distance. Somehow it comes to me that she only speaks Japanese. I shout "tasukete!". She turns and starts running.

I am awoken by heat.
I fall asleep, slow, drifting, stoned drowsing. Warm and thick in my blankets.
I'm in the garage, my temporary living quarters. I hear T and Moli arguing over my head, faintly through my dazed dreamlike state, faraway filtering through walls to me. I drift off.
My sleeping mind: Moli opens the door and whispers my name, he steps in onto the carpet and informs me in his hopeful voice that T ordered him to go out; to leave their room. Told him to come sleep with me in her dictator way. (He blew up my air mattress earlier and she'd been joking about it) I unfurled from my warm blanket cave, made sure he had covers on his side, and proceeded to go back to sleep.
I opened my eyes in the night, a dream within a dream, my hair had grown enormous lengths. Moli and I were near melded together. Me spooning his back, my hair wrapped around everything, a safe protective blanket, undulating underwater like. The dryer going sounded it's heartbeat rhythym, and I could hear faint humming in the background, that murmured queerly, siren sounding fetus singing. I simply held Moli, and tried to comfort him, in this half asleep state, letting my hair cradle us both. Darkness of my eyelids, floating Quiddity.
It was vaguely sexual, Moli's a good looking man, but it was mostly maternal. Dark in the womb of the house, floating in my hair, hearing the heartbeat thrum of the dryer.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.