Model No: 50028
Released: February 1994
Design: Dennis Nordman
Art: Doug Watson, Linda Deal
Software: Ted Estes, Bill Grupp
Sound: Jon Hey
Music: Jon Hey
acquired a license to produce a pinball
machine based on the film. The game was released in 1994
One of the unique features of the game was that there were two trigger handles
mounted on the cabinet, above the flipper
buttons. The player can use the flipper buttons to control the flippers, or can use the trigger buttons on the bottom of the trigger handles. As an incentive for players to play with the trigger handles, a "trigger combo" bonus was added to the end of ball bonus
. A player can score a trigger combo by making any combination shot by using the trigger handles to flip the ball up the appropriate ramps
. The trigger handles also control the Cryo Claw
up in the top left corner of the playfield.
A top-down shot of the playfield can be seen at http://www.lysator.liu.se/pinball/IPD/image.cgi?id=662&if=playfield.gif.
Flippers: Two at the bottom center of the playfield and a third on the left side, near the left loop.
Ramps: One ramp near the left flipper which feeds to the left inlane
. A ramp in the center which feeds to the saucer above the left inlane switch. This ramp shot can be made by using the upper left flipper. One ramp to the right which feeds to the right inlane, or to the Cryo Claw
if the diverter switch is open.
: Two in their usual positions on the playfield.
: One above the MTL rollovers in the top-right corner, and a second above the center ramp. Balls ejected from the top sinkhole go to the MTL rollovers. Balls ejected from the center sinkhole are served to the right inlane.
: MTL rollovers in the top-right corner of the playfield. Completing MTL advances the bonus multiplier
(maximum of 5x). Other rollover lanes are located on both the left and right orbits, left and right inlanes, and left and right drains.
Standup targets: Five scattered across the center of the playfield. Hitting a lit standup target awards (1 + number of lit targets previously hit) million. This award maxes out at 20 million. Completing a set of standup targets once will light Freeze Ball at the right inlane.
Cryo Claw: Located in the left corner. The Cryo Claw is accessed by a ramp shot up the right ramp while the diverter is open. At the Cryo Claw, the player can use the trigger handles to drop the ball on to one of five different awards.
Fortress Multiball: Requires one ball frozen. Additional frozen balls will increase the number of balls ejected into play. Score jackpots by hitting the shots that are lit, one at a time. Super Jackpot is lit at the right ramp after three jackpots have been collected. Hitting yellow standup targets increase jackpot values
Museum Multiball: Lights all seven jackpot shots. Super Jackpot is lit at right ramp once all jackpots are collected. Sending a ball into the bumpers will increase the jackpot value. Requires two frozen balls to start.
Wasteland Multiball: Lit after three freezes. Plays a lot like Fortress Multiball, but additional jackpots may be lit.
Cryo Prison Multiball: Lit after four balls are frozen. Lights the Super Jackpot. All other jackpot shots add points to the Super Jackpot. After the Super Jackpot is collected, X number of jackpot shots must be made to relight the Super Jackpot.
within the game
- All combos made by using the triggers as flipper buttons award an additional 1 million (listed as "Trigger Combos") at the end of ball bonus.
- Pressing both thumb buttons on the handles during a multiball awards the next Jackpot as a "Secret Jackpot" (not including super jackpots).
- Pressing both thumb buttons when you get "Big Points/1million" from the top lock yields an "Eat at Joe's" graphic and 5 million points.
- Pressing both thumb buttons *and* both triggers when you get "Big points/1million" from the top lock yields "WAG" for 10 million points.
- Pressing both thumb buttons right after the third Capture Simon shot (when you've captured him) yields a 10 million capture bonus.
- Pressing both thumb buttons right after hitting the second Retina Scan yields a great graphic of the prison warden getting his eye poked out and used for the retina scan ... plus 10 million. This is called the "Smithers" bonus after the character in the movie.
Pressing both thumb buttons right after getting the U-Look-Gr8-2Day gives you a 10 million "Feel Great" bonus ...
- Sending a ball up the left inlane and into the saucer above it will award the 10 million Huxley bonus
- Pressing the top button on the right trigger handle will launch the ball into play from the plunger lane.