- can be a bad thing or a good thing. You may, if you're lucky, find that you and your friend want to persue a romantic relationship. If you're not, it could take the other direction, and make you both so uncomfortable that you can't hang out anymore.

I went out with one of my best friends today. He called me up to go to a movie, just friends, since we haven't hung out in a while. We went to the movie, had a fine time, no holding hands or anything like that. Afterwards, we decided to go for a walk, and I took his arm.

We've always been pretty affectionate towards each other, just because, well, we can. We had a little fling once, when we took things too far, and I thought we've learned from that that it can't work...

It was cold, though, and we sat down for a while. We were cuddling, and we started talking about personal things...dating...kissing.

We started walking again, and eventually he asked what I would think if he kissed me. I said I would probably be embarrassed later, but I would let him. And he did.


I didn't feel anything. I don't know if it was the cold, or it's just not meant to be, but I didn't feel any chemistry. I didn't say that, though. I didn't say anything special.

The point is, tomorrow we're going to see each other, and it's going to be weird. I don't know how I'm going to act, or how he's going to act, but I'm betting we're not going to be all over each other. I don't know what he thinks, or what anyone else would think if they knew. What they would think of me...or him...or us?

Kissing my best friend wasn't the greatest idea.