Last night I went to see the Vandals at Deep Ellum Live. It was a pretty good show and I got hit in the face in the mosh pit but I still have all my teeth, although they hurt when I bite into something. I was worried that my boyfriend would not let me go down there but somehow I was able to break away from the "Look we are at a show so I am going to hold you right up next to me because I own you and I don't want any other guy grabbing your ass" thing and had a good old time and lo and behold, he went to the pit as well.

My best friend and his wife showed up as well, they saw the Vandals set and then left, as did we. It was a pretty good night all in all. I felt like such a novice in the pit though, I went down twice. It has been almost two years since I have been in a mosh pit. God it felt good to get back to that.

The song Say Goodbye by DMB has been stuck in my head the last couple days. Musically, it's not complex at all. There are about two or three chords in the whole song, and the vocal line is flowing but not challenging to say the least. However, that song is sexual tension set to music. I didn't think that it could be done, but in four minutes or so, you can hear the desperation and the longing for whoever he is singing about. He wants her. He's begging her to say yes. It is a fucking beautiful song. It makes me want to think of the whole "kept woman having a one night stand" thing in a better light.

But he fails to mention something. Something that we all must remember when we are faced with temptation.

The next day always comes. And it always comes way too soon. One night of unbridled passion may be the best sex you have ever had in your life, especially if it was preceded by uncertainty, infatuation and lots and lots of sexual tension. But the next day you are going to wake up in someone else's house and watch him sleep and wonder if you should leave before breakfast or if there will be something around for you to brush your teeth with or should you just sneak out before he wakes up? It's not intense anymore. It is not beautiful anymore, watching him drool on the pillow like that.

You realize that your judgment from the night before, which seemed clear as day at the time, was severely clouded, and you wonder "What have I done?"

Love songs never tell the truth.