Codeine is a fond memory of mine.

Back in my high school days, my fellow computer geeks would play hours upon hours of Wolfenstein, Doom, Quake, Starcraft, Worms, and of course, Command & Conquer at my infamous week long LAN-a-THON. These games provided months of single player entertainment that never got old, not to mention the years of multiplayer LAN fun that could be gained from the games.

During the early hours of some morning, during some week, during some LAN-a-THON, we decided that it would make the game even more enjoyable if we all took 10 codiene tablets (shared between us! we aren't dain bramaged!) before we started a Starcraft game.

Having a dentist for a father, my friend Jared was able to procure some very easily for us. We all took our share, and downed them one after another. Within the hour, the Starcraft game hung there motionless, all players passed out in their chairs, on their keyboards, or on the floor.

The game waited there for some sort of human interaction, but no one came. Finally, we all awoke 2 hours later, more hyper than horny rabbits on Viagra. We played Starcraft and Command + Conquer for the next day and a half, sans sleep.

We crashed two days later, and that pretty much ended the LAN.