A vaporizer is a contemporary tobacco smoking accessory. It produces clean vapors without burning your plant. It doesn't harm your lungs the way smoke would harm your lungs. A cheap vaporizer can be built in about a half hour. You'll need:

The Mouthpiece:
Use the drill to cut a hole in the center of the soda cap. I used a 9/32 size drillbit in order to snugly accomodate a straw from Burger King, but as always, ymmv. Straws from McDonalds or Arby's will be too wide for the size of the bottlecap, so watch out. Drill another, smaller hole in the cap as well - this lets you suck air into the vaporizer and can act as a sort of carb. If you have a grinding tool, use it to smooth out the bottom of the cap. Once you've done this, chew some gum. Since you're an e2 noder, I shouldn't need to remind you to accept no alternatives to Wrigley's Big Red. Once it's nice and soft, wrap a small pinch of it around the center of the straw and slide the straw into the hole in the bottlecap from the bottom. Slowly twist it so that the gum forms a nice firm seal with the bottom of the cap. Then, mold some more to the top of the cap as well. Cut the straw so that about 1 inch protrudes from the bottom of the cap. Now leave it alone.

The Bowl:
We're using one of the clear bulbs, because the frosting inside of those soft white bulbs could harm your health. We're using a 100-watt bulb because I'm told they have greater heat resistance. We don't want to risk cracking this. If it breaks, you could hurt yourself and/or lose some of your legal tobacco product. Now, smash the ceramic bottom part of a lightbulb out using a spoon or cut the bottom threads off of the metal part of the bulb using a utility knife. Very carefully remove the insides of the bulb. Rinse out the bulb well in order to make sure there's no tiny glass particles inside. Remove jagged edges by pinching them inwards or, if they're glass, cutting them off. Once you're done, you should have a nice, clean lightbulb, minus the insides. The metal threading is still attached to it, with a nice big hole in the bottom.

The Vaporizer:
Grind up your tobacco product, and put the desired amount of herbal smoking product into the lightbulb and screw the cap onto the threading. It should fit perfectly. Congratulations, you have just built a vaporizer. And something that is essentially a crackpipe. Oh well. Lightly heat the bottom of the bulb for several seconds and begin inhaling through the straw. Once you start tasting the vapors, it's working. When the taste goes away and your stuff turns dark brown, you need to reload your vaporizer. Have fun, and be careful.

The Disclaimer:
As always, YMMV. This w/u is for educational purposes only. Like all homemade smoking devices, things can go wrong. Don't hurt yourself.