Website: www.alexchiu.com

Inventor (nutball?) Alex Chiu claims that by wearing his Eternal Life Rings and Eternal Life Foot Braces, "people are believed to be able to stay physically young forever" (quoted from his website).

The rings are worn on both small fingers and the foot braces are worn on the toes of the feet. The devices are worn while the user during sleep. The way they work is through magnetism, which seems to be the big pseudoscience fad these days.

From the website:

The inventor explained that the fingers and toes are the negative (-) and positive (+) terminals of your body. When placing the magnetic devices, the magnetic pole on the right side of the human body is opposite to the left side.

With a opposite pole on each side of the human body, blood circulation and electric current of the body are enhanced. The enhanced blood circulation and electric current increase metabolism in order to fight the aging process.

The Eternal Life Rings and The Eternal Life Foot Braces invented by Alex Chiu are believed to allow humans to stay physically young forever or turn humans physically younger, (Our lawyer told us to use the word "believe") and cure various diseases and handicaps as long as you wear the rings or foot braces every night during sleep.

Note the careful phrasing: "people are believed to be able to stay physically young forever" (italics mine, all mine, and you can't have any!). Obviously, if people are buying it, somebody is believing it!

By contrast, the simple, and provably effective method for eternal life that I present (with due credit) in how to live forever (2 step plan) was greeted with howls of derision. Is this fair? Just because no magnets were harmed during the creation of this node???


Maybe if I started charging $29.95 to read that node (or incorporated it directly into the method) people would take it seriously. At the very least, I'd get rich quick...

I've got a few of these. (No, I didn't pay for them. At the bottom of the page, there's an affiliate program you can sign up for 40 click-throughs and you get a free set. Some strategic redirection and "awful link of the day" submissions got me a few hundred in a week.) They look like ordinary plastic rings, the kind that you might get from a gumball machine. You're supposed to put them on your pinky fingers for 8 hours a night, and then you will live forever.

It's that easy, folks.

From the instruction manual:

Important Safety Instructions: The immortality devices are not toys. Please keep them away from the reach of children. If you are pregnant, wear heart pacer, or have any kind of heart disease, consult your physician before using the immortality devices.

I think that a real immortality device would cure heart disease.

Anyway, I tried them once. I put the rings on my fingers, and went to sleep. I should tell you, I don't believe in anything. I'm the biggest skeptic you will ever meet. I went to bed expecting that I would wake up with swollen fingers, and nothing more.

But I was wrong.

You don't have to believe me, and maybe I'm wrong, but something was different. I felt more rested, I didn't fall asleep in class, even though I tried. I was happier all day, somehow refreshed. A cut on my finger was healed completely.

You don't have to believe me, and I don't expect you to. I wrote the whole experiment off as a happy coincidence, perhaps the placebo effect. And frankly, the whole experience sort of frightened me. I keep the rings around, though, because they're fun to stick on people's monitors in C++ class.


whizkid: not to mention what will happen when the sun explodes and you're just floating in the void beyond the universe. That would be boring.

Be careful what you wish for, or you may get it. Be careful what you wish for, or you may regret it.

Suppose an immortality device actually works, and you use it and become immortal. Irreversibly...

What are your prospects?

Inevitably, you will grow old and frail (think of the knight Indiana Jones found guarding the holy grail). Your immune system will be all worn out, so you'll catch every disease to be caught.

As your medical record grows to fill a room of its own, someone will finally figure out that you cannot die. You will try to hide that fact, but they will find out sooner or later.

Immediately, you will be treasured. What a perfect test subject! They will lock you up and test every new drug on you. After all, what harm is done if you cannot die? After they have destroyed your liver, heart, lungs, kidneys, and the rest of your organs, it will finally dawn on them that they are hurting you after all.

They will apologize, pin a medal on your chest, and let you go.

By then, unfortunately, all your friends will have died, and you will have hard time making new ones. The pace of society will have changed so much, you will not be able to adapt easily.

But adapt you will, eventually. Alas, people will have evolved into a different species: They will become more subtle. They will stop using speech for communication. Perhaps they will develop telepathy and use it exclusively. Will you?

Then, some day, perhaps millions of years from now, mankind will go the way of the dinosaur. You will stay on a planet with no one like you.

Not so, you may be saying. There will be others, others who have also used the immortality device!

Guess what! After a couple of million of years, you will be avoiding them like a plague. And they will be avoiding you. Besides, there will be no one left to push your rusty wheel chair, no way to recharge the batteries on your nuclear powered one.

But you will adapt. Then, one day, there will be no other life left on the planet. With no food to eat, you will be hungry.

Eventually, all water will have evaporated. Not only will you be hungry, you will be thirsty.

The planet will have turned into a rock. You will be gasping for air, but there will be none.

After the planet has turned into dust, you will be floating weightlessly in the open space. Your muscles will have atrophied from the lack of exercise.

You will be hungry. You will be thristy. You will be suffocating. You will be lonely. You will be bored. And you will never die.

So, once again: Be careful what you wish for, or you may get it.

I heard this sentence in a song while playing Tony Hawks Pro Skater 2: "Eternity is a long long time my friend". This is very very true :). I totaly agree with whizkid except he doesn't go far enough.

Imagine all stars first turning to supernovae and then falling to black holes and just the matter fusion failing in the remaing stars.
Imagine all stars in the universe ceasing to exist. Not even a single photon will reach you. There is complete darkness and the temperature of everything will lie only slight above 0 Kelvin. The entropy will spread all matter in the whole universe until someday even protons and electrons won't exist simply because they are to old. I think physicians still don't know if the universe will spread forever or if it will collapse, depending on the Hubble Constant.
If it collapses you might eventually be saved from your eternal existance, if not, everything degenerates to complete silence and darkness. Forever. Perhaps you will experience the The Heat Death of the Universe though I think it should rather be called the Cold-Death.

Choose your religion wisely, or you might live forever.

As has been said, you're supposed to wear the rings while you sleep. And browsing through some of the testimonials on alexchiu.com, it's uncanny the number of people who feel more younger, healthier and overall more refreshed after a good night's sleep.

*sigh*

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.