I'm a nontheist, so I am not the one to consider this as any kind of proof or disproof of God.

I look at evil from a totally different perspective; I don't see it as a problem.

To me, the whole concept of evil makes any sense only as part of the closed system our reality is (i.e., the Universe we live in, or samsara, or whatever we may choose to call it).

Whatever or whoever produced this system exists outside of the system. To him/her/it/them evil does not have the meaning it does to us. So it does not prevent him/her/it/them from being perfect, or loving, kind, caring, etc, at least, again, from the perspective of us living in this closed system and looking out of this system.

Hence, I do not see a problem, only a speculation about something that cannot be answered as long as we stay within the system.

In other words, if a computer programmer created a complex system of games and other programs interacting with each other, including sentient and intelligent objects, they could learn about themselves and each other. But anything they might come up with about the programmer and his/her intentions, perfection, etc, would forever be a speculation, and a pretty pointless one. (That is why I am a nontheist, neither a theist, nor an atheist, nor an agnostic - the question of God simply does not exist for me.)

For that matter, with one exception, I do not think in terms of good and evil at all. I think in terms of the wholesome and the unwholesome, in terms of that which hurts and imposes pain and suffering, and that which frees from pain and suffering. Not just my pain and suffering, but that of all sentient beings.

The only exception where I think in terms of good and evil is drama.

As an actor, I love playing evil characters because it is the depth and strength of the villain that makes the hero look good. There are no heroes without villains.

As a writer, I make sure my fictional characters are exposed to as much evil as I can think up. Again, it is the evil they are faced with that makes the reader feel for them and identify with them. And it is the evil they overcome with their own effort that makes them memorable characters, i.e., characters the reader will remember long after he has forgotten the details of the story.

So, I don't view evil as a problem but as the greatest dramatic tool. As far as I am concerned, we only see evil as real because we tend to like having some drama in our own lives.

And should there be such a thing as God, then he is a masterful dramatist who has put evil in our lives to make them more challenging and interesting.