Near an east coast city
In an older suburb
There is a tree lined street

On that street is a small two story house
Inside the house are three small bedrooms
One of which has an antique dresser

The bottom drawer of the dresser holds several photo albums
The large blue one is filled with polaroids,
including one of a restaurant that no longer exists

The place isn't there anymore.
The people in the photo are no longer alive.
These seldom visited memories are all that survived.

De"tail (dE"tAl or dE*tAl"; 277), n. [F. détail, fr. détailler to cut in pieces, tell in detail; pref. dé- (L. de or dis-) + tailler to cut. See Tailor.]

1.

A minute portion; one of the small parts; a particular; an item; -- used chiefly in the plural; as, the details of a scheme or transaction.

The details of the campaign in Italy.
Motley.

2.

A narrative which relates minute points; an account which dwells on particulars.

3. (Mil.)

The selection for a particular service of a person or a body of men; hence, the person or the body of men so selected.

Detail drawing, a drawing of the full size, or on a large scale, of some part of a building, machine, etc. - - In detail, in subdivisions; part by part; item; circumstantially; with particularity.

Syn. -- Account; relation; narrative; recital; explanation; narration.

 

© Webster 1913


De"tail (dE*tAl"), v. t. [imp. & p. p. Detailed (-tAld"); p. pr. & vb. n. Detailing.] [Cf. F. détailler to cut up in pieces, tell in detail. See Detail, n.]

1.

To relate in particulars; to particularize; to report minutely and distinctly; to enumerate; to specify; as, he detailed all the facts in due order.

2. (Mil.)

To tell off or appoint for a particular service, as an officer, a troop, or a squadron.

Syn. -- Detail, Detach. Detail respect the act of individualizing the person or body that is separated; detach, the removing for the given end or object.

 

© Webster 1913


De*tail", n. (Arch. & Mach.)

(a)

A minor part, as, in a building, the cornice, caps of the buttresses, capitals of the columns, etc., or (called larger details) a porch, a gable with its windows, a pavilion, or an attached tower.

(b)

A detail drawing.

In detail, in subdivisions; part by part; item by item; circumstantially; with particularity.

 

© Webster 1913

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.