I'm sorry, I don't think we've been properly introduced. We've been dancing together for several hours, which I believe makes us pretty close. I suppose moshing together might not count as dancing, but I couldn't help but notice you earlier- the anime girl on your shirt intrigues me. I stood by the stage thinking about how attractive you were, and by the grace of god, you stayed near me for the whole show, and we jumped up and down in time. For the whole performance, you stayed by my side, and I by yours. I could not help but think that we were as close as two lovers without ever knowing each other's names. I will always remember the blissful seconds we shared in a momentary lull in the pulse of the crowd- I met your eye, and I will always hope that you met mine. I smiled, you smiled, or were smiling, and I was happier than I can remember being for a considerable time.

I would have stayed at the stage with you, but my nose was nearly broken from stage-diving into the mosh. I saw you surfing the crowd like a sea-goddess, the white-tipped waves of palms keeping you buoyant, until you crash beneath the waves, only to again surface near the stage, once again flinging yourself to the mercy of the ocean. The wild light of your eyes illuminating the theater like a radar screen.

I wanted to introduce myself to you, to say hello, to at least put a name to your face. But I had to leave, you see, and I will always remember the blissful seconds we shared in a momentary lull in the pulse of the crowd.

Dedicated to the girl at the Flogging Molly concert at the Pine Street Theater on Cinco de Mayo, 2001. In some small way inspired by the vain hope that she is a noder.


Hey, thanks for the softlinks... I really like Pathetic Geek Stories- it's a good comic.