Honey you are a rock...

Twice I lost my faith, once my patience, and several times, my sanity. I'm tearing down the calendars, and removing batteries from the watches on the way to see you. I'm blinding myself to the time. I'm a little bit jaded, a little bit torn.

... Upon which I stand.

Last night I couldn't go to sleep. I tried to lie down motionless, and breathe real slow, I tried to numb my thoughts. I tried to start to dream, but only dreams I saw were ghost flashes like the ones sun leaves in one's eye if stared at too long.

This morning I woke up on a cold bed alone, a little bit sleepy, a little bit lonely.

and I come here to talk...

Your thoughts and our memories intoxicate me each waking hour. I can taste the moments I've spent touching your hand sometimes and some days I start to smell like you. Some days I'm saddedned by the memory of times I gave up on you. I'm a little bit ashamed, a little bit stronger.

... I hope you understand ...

Come, show me the birds again. Come, give me the wings one more time. Teach me how to fly. I'm a little bit tired, a little bit drunk, all yours ...


Italicized lyrics: Song: Green Eyes | Artist: Coldplay | Album: A Rush of Blood to the Head