An exciting day in the city; we went to the aquarium, saw the dolphins, the new Amazon exhibit, and the usual assortment of wild big fish.

After that, came back to town for dinner; we had to stop at the apartment to get some Excedrin to kill the inevitable headache that accompanies a city visit for me. A delightful meal at Gino's East, then came back, hung out, played Bushido Blade, and smoked cigars.

Tried to go back to the city to see the venerable neofuturists perform Too Much Light Makes the Baby Go Blind, but unfortunatley got there too late and the show was sold out. So came back to the apartment, drank, chilled.

She was there the whole time; it's the first entire day that I've spent with her since our discussion on Wednesday.

God, what am I doing wrong here? I am making the decision to stop this potentially painful life experience, but my heart is protesting. It just feels wrong to willfully end something that is good.

But I am going to anyways. How's the fucking cheesy old saying go? If you love someone, let them go.

I don't think that I'm in love, but it feels good, which is all that really matters. But still, we are both choosing to let go. And that is the adult, mature, rational decision, and we are going to stand by it.

But, to quote another cliche, old Willy has got things right when he says it...

'tis better to have loved and lost than to never have loved at all

sigh...