my mother was driving her car, i was the passenger. out of nowhere a girl on a tricycle crosses the road and despite trying her damnedest, my mother couldn't avoid hitting her. we didn't hit her hard, but we hit her. i ran out of the car and into a store and i asked the clerk to call 911. the little girls mother was there, and said i was beautiful for having asked someone to call emergency services. this puzzled me. who wouldn't do the same thing in the same situation?

my mother, while i was in the store, just drove away. i was frantic. she came back a short time later and i just yelled at her. "MOM, you HIT a little girl! you can't just LEAVE!". she just said sorry, but she needed to run some errands.

don't know if this somehow led to the next thing i remember about my dreams that night or if it's completely separate dream... shortly i found myself in a large high rise hotel on the top of a hill. my sister had a room that she was sharing with me and my boyfriend and one other person who i don't remember. the hotel room was large and had a big loft where me and my boyfriend were to sleep. however, there were no real stairs to the loft, instead this odd twisty stairway that led to a ledge about four inches wide that you had to carefully make your way across. there were no handholds and i refused to cross it, it seemed about 15 feet up the wall.

the hotel was near my mothers house (there's really nothing near my mothers house, she lives way way out in nowhere) and we went to visit her. the neighborhood she lives in was frantic. someone had found the body of a child in fire pond. we began looking in the muddy marshy areas around the pond and found about ten more bodies. some were rotted down to the bone and some were fresher. i had this fear that i did it but didn't remember doing it. they weren't children from the neighborhood -- they were all acounted for. but they were all so tiny. none looked older than three or so. always just under the water with dead leaves and twigs covering them. then i woke up.