The category of people who fall under the 'Other' category in US population Pie charts
Essentially classified as those born after 1981 or later. Where the arbitrary definition of Generation X ends.
There are a couple of things I know of them so far:
1. They understand computers better than previous generations do today. IMs and e-mails abound. The biggest group that used to use Napster. Gateway and Dell call them the Internet Generation. Pepsi: Generation NeXT.
2. It's probably the best time to be in college, but the worst time to apply (competition has gotten worse in the last 5 years)
3. More of them are working. AFAIK, I think they have the highest employment rate in their age group to date.
3. Fight Club makes a reheheheallly potent impact among those over 12. (at least until some recent events threw a bucket of cold water on the topic) Maybe they don't have the nuclear fear Gen X-ers did, like Sting's "The Russians".
4. Driving. We think a driver's license and the right to own a car is a guaranteed right of being an American. Isn't it? Cars like Volkswagen are pitching to them (my car is my room)