RESURRECTION: /me doesn't miss /me -- no more!

Thank you, dear co-noders! With your help my curious infotechnological problem has been solved, in several ways actually.

The successful (and quite clever) 'Endlösung' for my Internet Explorer came from TenMinJoe:

Hi Mr Carlo - try this:

Tools -> Internet Options -> Security
Click on 'Restricted sites'
Click 'Sites...'
Add 'everything2.com'.
Click OK a few times.

This should put everything2 into the "automatically don't use javascript for these sites" zone in IE, and so you still won't have javascript on E2 (and so it will load, we hope), but you won't have to manually disable/enable it each time.

Dimview, ascorbic, Pseudo Intellectual, paraclete and mauler all recommend switching to Firefox, at least using Firefox as a parallel browser, specifically for E2. mauler also points out that Internet Explorer 7.0 is full of bugs and that he himself had to roll back to 6.0 in order to escape constant crashing.

I've taken all this gratefully and carefully into consideration (beginning with the TenMinJoe fix for IE). I've downloaded Firefox and it actually looks quite nice - and of course it works with E2. In addition I've finally been able to see in real life what some Firefox people have been bickering about, regarding the effect of certain formatting tags that I've been using (or overusing). Some stuff really looks different in Firefox!

Faithfully Yours,

montecarlo