I was a cheerleader for 3 years. Two years at my prep school in New York, during 7th and 8th grade. The final year was at a public school in Florida, but I never got to finish out the season.

During my freshman year of high school a lot of things changed. I moved from New York to Florida, switched from a private, to public school, and I had realized what a uppity, snobby bitch I had been in the past. I was also starting to tire of high school politics, and all of the fake, two-faced people.

Being the disgruntled, angsty teen that I was.. I was quite vocal about how I didn't care for the attitudes and behaviors of my fellow cheerleaders. This didn't make me very well liked.

During a pep rally one November morning, I was sitting on the sidelines stretching out, getting ready for our floor routine. I had been contemplating just dropping the squad, but decided to wait a week so I could go on the trip to Disney World. While I was stretching, a fellow cheerleader who couldn't stand me came over smirking. I asked her what she wanted, and all she said was "Oh.. I heard Jessica saw you and your mom out at dinner, and that your mom is white.. So I asked around, and I found out that you are adopted.. so don't try to deny it".

What happened next, was unplanned.

I stood up, and decked her. My right fist slammed into her jaw, and she went reeling back. And I just stood there stunned.

I had no clue what had just happened. I guess she hit a reflex. I never denied being adopted, nor was I ashamed of it. It was pretty obvious. I am 5'6, and asian. My mother is 5'2, blonde, and blue-eyed. I guess it just angered me that she thought it was something I should be ashamed of.

Immediately after the girl hit the floor, the dean ran over and I was sent to his office right away. He came in about 20 minutes later, and explained how I was suspended from the cheerleading squad for the rest of the year. He explained how what she said was horrid, but I shouldn't have taken it into my own hands. I agreed, and he told me I was free to return to class. Slightly stunned that I wasn't suspended from school, and that no other form of punishment was issued, I left.