My first vacation in almost 3 years.
But isn't college just a 4 year vacation?

I leave for Wisconsin tonight. As the typical routine when I go on vacation, I try to abandon almost all "luxuries" of modern life; cell phones, computers, PDA's, etc. They're more like curses than luxuries. I'll be happy to leave with only myself, a few days of clothing, and my Discman. I'm hoping to return with a bit more, and hopefully it won't be material possessions.

I've been talking to her more often. She's in the position I was in last year -- she doesn't know what to do, she's heartbroken. I want to let her know that I'm there for her. It's hard to say that, especially to a childhood friend who's grown distant. I've been trying to get her down here, our distance is only about a 10 minute train ride, but there's been no good opporunities.

Patience is a virtue. Good thing I have a seemingly overabundance of it.

One more class to attend, then I'm off for an indeterminate amount of time. Perhaps if I get lucky, I'll board the wrong flight, and end up in Tokyo, London, or Seattle. Maybe I'll get to leave everything behind. See how I can survive with a few hundred dollars in cash, a few days worth of clothing, and a will to see what this world is truly like.