YOPY = Y
Don't you just love recursive acronyms?
This is a handheld computing device (PIM) created by Samsung which runs the Linux operating system. As of the time of this writing, it is currently not released for sale. Some of it's features include:
- Size 128.8 x 83.5 x 22mm; Weight 225 grams
- 206MHz ARM RISC microprocessor
- 32MB RAM, 32MB(upgradeable to 64MB) Flash Memory
- Embedded Linux OS (ARMLinux), upgradeable
- 64k (2^16) colors at 240x320 resolution
- Stereo sound with headphones, built in mono speaker
- Voice recording (also recognition) feature built in.
- 4 inch backlit TFT LCD.
- Compact Flash type II slot, with expansions for digital camera, TV tuner, GPS, etc.
- USB, serial, and IrDA ports
- Plays MP3 audio, MPEG video
- 1400 mA rechargeable Li-Ion battery. Should last approximately 12 hours of operating time.
- Handwriting recognition (Unistroke).
- Internet WWW and e-mail access with mobile phone or wireless modem
The YOPY is expected to be released next summer and cost approximately $500 USD.
I want one.