23:00 GMT

Today has been very unproductive as far as work goes. But I'm really liking today. My attitude has done a complete change from last night. The weather is beautiful. The temperature stayed around a nice 70ºF today, so it's very enjoyable to be outside. It's like there's air conditioning everywhere, but the air is fresh. I wish the weather was the same everyday as it is today.

I have so much energy today. I was actually skipping down the cube asiles today at work, and jumping in place. My muscle pain has nearly disappeared and I'm starting to feel good again.

This morning, I took care of a few things that I've been meaning to do for a while. I dropped off some laundry and set up a new appointment with my doctor. I forgot to go last week, but they didn't give me a hassle at all, though they kind of acted strange because I went there in person to set up the appointment. I guess they seemed concerned that maybe I was there because I was not feeling well. It's kind of a coincidence that I wound up with a pretty asian lady as my doctor. I was referred to her by my HMO doctor (back when I was on an HMO), but since that doctor burned me with a $140 bill for missing an appointment, I'm not going back to him anymore. Besides, this new doctor is a specialist in high blood pressure, and she is very pretty, so being the geek-who-loves-asian-women that I am, I'll most likely do anything she tells me to do, without question.

After I left my apartment and got down to my car, I forgot to bring my laundry with me, so I went back up to my apartment to pick it up, and I couldn't get the deadbolt lock open. Apparently the cooler weather has caused the metal in the door frame and the deadbolt to be pushed together. I had to go down to the apartment office and have someone come and force the lock open for me. I could have done that myself, but I was afraid to break my key off in the lock. They had duplicates so they were able to risk it. I thought that something might go wrong with the lock when I had a hard time locking it.

I got to work and the power went out within a few minutes. Since the computers for the programmers are not on the generator, we decided to go to lunch at Hops. We all had the lunch hamburger special which was $5 for burger, french fries, and a drink. That's cheaper than fast food. Then there's the tip, but that's still only $6 for real food.

When we got back, I had a few small tasks to take care of, and then TC asked me if I wanted to go with her and the web designer guy out to the surf shop to pick up some stuff. I didn't really have anything else to do (and I like hanging with TC, she's so pretty and nice), so I went along (actually I drove, since I had the most trunk space in case we picked anything big up). We drove along the beach on A1A with the windows down, which was just beautiful with the great weather. On our way back, we hit some traffic, which must be the people leaving early to start their Thanksgiving vacation.

After I got back to work, I found out that the big project I had ready to do tonight was cancelled, so I don't have anything to do today or tomorrow. TC and JS decided to go home early, and I figured I'd stick around for a while becuase it was too early to go to the gym.

Someone from the support department was telling me that he is part of a band that's playing in a small bar in the same area next to where my Gym is located, so I might stop by there tonight to check the place out.

I feel really good today. I don't know why. People seem to be especially nice today, I guess because of the impending vacation time, or maybe just the great weather. I know I'm going to my parent's house for thanksgiving, so I've not much to worry about as far as finding something to do this weekend. I still wish I had a special someone to do something with for this holidays, but I'm feeling pretty good right now so I'm not going to start thinking about that stuff again.

Tonight my parents will probably stop by my apartment since they were supposed to go down to Miami for a WWF match. I'm not much into that stuff myself (they invited me, I declined). My dad and/or brother may stay with me until thursday when I drive up to their house, so I hope they have a way to keep themselves entertained tomorrow while I'm at work.

I'm thinking about taking a Japanese class at FAU (JPN 1120). I'm learning the written language out of a book, but that's progressing slowly. I need to start going back to college again so I can keep my brain cells from going stagnant. I haven't learned anything significantly new and exciting in a while, mostly because I'm feeling a bit burned out on computers lately. I need something to do besides computers, and taking some classes might be a nice distraction. Besides, it would be a great place to make some friends and get out there and socialize.

I should start a list of things I need to remember to do here. I spend enough time writing these nodes, and I check back to them fairly frequently to make updates, so it should be a good place to keep small notes to myself. It should be interesting to look back on as well.

Things to remember to do tomorrow:

Well, it's still too early to go to the gym tonight, but I'm bored. I really have nothing else to do, so I might as well go.

But first, I now have to go back up through this daylog and find interesting things to hardlink. Bah. When do we get automatic hardlinking? :)


03:44 GMT

Ok, so I went to the Gym, spent about an hour there. I did the exact same workout as I did on saturday, but I didn't kill myself this time. I didn't feel like passing out or throwing up. I felt pretty good. As a matter of fact, I went straight home and cleaned my apartment. The whole thing. It is finally clean. This has never happened before. It has been a mess since the day I moved in. Holy shit, I've got new energy. I know it for sure now. This rocks. WHOO HOO!