Last day of the year 2000 and what have I learned? I guess the most important lesson is never peek at a restraunt's kitchen. Really. It's like looking behind the curtain at a magic show, only much, much more disgusting.

Had an argument with my father today. He said that I ought to get a job and I said that he ought to mind his own business and fuck off. As is so often the case, we are both right. Read the second Harry Potter book. Someone sent it to me in html. I tried to grommet mount my hard drives in my new computer (because it's really fucking loud which is sometimes okay -- when I want to hear a lot of white noise or industrial music -- but not usually because I have fairly acute hearing), but now that I've got grommets in my hard drive bay, I can't fit any of the drives back in. Oh, fucking good job, eric+. So my computer is off. Well, that's quieter at any rate.

Went to see Cast Away with my sister and her fiance. Movie theater popcorn makes me sick, yet, somehow, it's also addictive, isn't it? Anyhow I thought it (the movie) was okay. I don't understand why Tom Hanks tries to break up Helen Hunt's marriage after he gets back. Ingrate. My sister paid for my ticket, though, so why should I complain?

Right now it's cold where I am. The weather, I mean. I suppose it's cold all over America, seeing as it's winter and all. Anyhow, days like today make me glad that I have a laptop (albeit a cheap and flimsy one) because it means I can work and play on the internet from the comfort and warmth of my bed. Except that when I do that, my back hurts. Bad posture, I suppose.

My mom got me a membership to a gym for Christmas. Is that insulting? I haven't quite decided. I'm looking at myself in the mirror and thinking, well, I'm not a fat bastard just yet. Proactive. Maybe that's all it is.

I wonder who won Junkyard Wars. I saw it last week, but missed it on Thursday.

Well, let's see what happens next millenium.

Damn, I ought to think of some New Year's Resolutions.