Creating Bruises with Stage Makeup
- The area around a bruise wil be swollen. Create this by applying a thin white highlight to the entire surface of the bruise.
- As bruises heal they reveal many different colors. Leave a small white highlight at the center of the impact adding an irregular ring of sallow or yellow makeup.
- Work in semi-transparent, irregular rings around the bruise from center to edges. Overlap varying amounts of red, blue-violet, gray-violet, and chestnut brown, again working from center to edges. Experiment with different quantities of each color and the shade.
- Powder with a light rouge for fresh bruises, or yellow eyeshadow for older bruises.
- A very light amount of green should be substituted for red on very old bruises
The Stage Makeup Metanode