Creating Bruises with Stage Makeup
  • The area around a bruise wil be swollen. Create this by applying a thin white highlight to the entire surface of the bruise.
  • As bruises heal they reveal many different colors. Leave a small white highlight at the center of the impact adding an irregular ring of sallow or yellow makeup.
  • Work in semi-transparent, irregular rings around the bruise from center to edges. Overlap varying amounts of red, blue-violet, gray-violet, and chestnut brown, again working from center to edges. Experiment with different quantities of each color and the shade.
  • Powder with a light rouge for fresh bruises, or yellow eyeshadow for older bruises.
  • A very light amount of green should be substituted for red on very old bruises

The Stage Makeup Metanode

Some memories linger and others
Fade

These are the type of pictures that are more sepia than Kodak
A picture window obscured
Not a bruise any longer,
Just a memory of where the bruise had been.

And how it used to ache, Sometimes,
But no longer

Bruise (?), v. t. [imp. & p. p. Bruised (#); p. pr. & vb. n. Bruising.] [OE. brusen, brisen, brosen, bresen, AS. brsan or fr. OF. bruiser, bruisier, bruser, to break, shiver, perh. from OHG. brochison. Cf. Break, v. t.]

1.

To injure, as by a blow or collision, without laceration; to contuse; as, to bruise one's finger with a hammer; to bruise the bark of a tree with a stone; to bruise an apple by letting it fall.

2.

To break; as in a mortar; to bray, as minerals, roots, etc.; to crush.

Nor bruise her flowerets with the armed hoofs. Shak.

Syn. -- To pulverize; bray; triturate; pound; contuse.

 

© Webster 1913.


Bruise, v. i.

To fight with the fists; to box.

Bruising was considered a fine, manly, old English custom. Thackeray.

 

© Webster 1913.


Bruise, n.

An injury to the flesh of animals, or to plants, fruit, etc., with a blunt or heavy instrument, or by collision with some other body; a contusion; as, a bruise on the head; bruises on fruit.

From the sole of the foot even unto the head there is no soundness in it; but wounds, and bruises. Isa. i. 6.

 

© Webster 1913.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.