What happened? or, rejection hurts.

Last time we saw each other, we held hands. In front of her porch, we kissed.

Later that week, on Thursday morning, she went to Boston for a debate tournament. She got back Sunday.. She called me as I was helping a mutual friend with computer problems. After I got off the phone with him, I told him to call her because she wanted to talk to him and he was leaving tommorrow to go out of town.. I called later that night but woke her up, whoops.

Monday afternoon I call her and our conversation is almost nonexistant. Awkward silences. I write her an email before I go to sleep, at about 3 am. We haven't done much in a while so I strech for conversation topics: (She seemed out of it Monday / just bought my textbooks.)

Tuesday, I get a response to my 3 or 4 paragraph email: "One word: HUH??". I told her I was just trying to start a conversation. Tuesday night, I call her. No answer. She doesn't return my call. I get an email that night, she tells me about who is sponsoring her for her next tournament. I write back. I talk on IM with her, barely, she doesn't seem interested. She leaves pretty quickly after I sign on.

Wednesday night, I call her. No answer. She doesn't return my call. I get home and sign on. She has been online for an hour or so.. No response to my email. I talk to her on IM. We talk about spades. She tells me I have way the fuck too much time on my hands when I tell her about a strategy me and my friend had for spades. She shortly tells me she's going to sleep and sign off.

Thursday, and I've gotten no calls from her. She has not yet responded to my email where I asked if she was going to tournament X this weekend.

We have known each other for about 6 months. Previously when I have felt like I have been rejected by her she has told me that I think wayy too much and have been reading too much into simple situations (such as her being sick.) But right now I feel utterly rejected and I am upset.

I am not saying it is her fault. We probably have differing expectations concerning the relationship between us. Perhaps I am unable to give her space. But I would at least like an explanation that she would like to be left alone, you know? Or at least an explanation that she will be busy this week because of ... etc. I feel like I'm standing out in the cold, waiting to be invited inside, and having the door slam shut on me.