I was at work. Why do I always dream about work? For some reason, the most inept technician was doing something on my computer in my cubicle, and I was trying patiently to assist him, but after awhile, I couldn't take it anymore and I had to go on a break. I told him, Don't fuck up anything and I left to go to a park and play on the swingset.

When I got there, the normal two-chains-and-a-rubber-seat swings had been replaced with tire swings, but I thought better that than nothing, so I began to swing and I began to forget about the idiot that I left using my computer.

Shortly thereafter, a kid in his late teens or early twenties with a shaved head and a trenchcoat comes up to the swingset where I am playing. He looks like a suspicious character, and he had a tattoo of something on his bald head, but I don't remember what. However, I have always been somewhat of a trusting person, even in real life and I know not to judge others from their outward appearances, especially since this kid looked very upset.

He walked directly up to me and asked, Do you know what I'm going to do?

No. Who are you?

That doesn't matter. I am going to kill myself today.

You really don't want to do that.

Yes I do. I already bought the rope.

Why are you going to do this?

It doesn't matter. I don't have anything. I don't have a girlfriend anymore. I got kicked out of my house. I already bought the rope. I just don't have any money to buy any cigarettes though.

What?

Yeah, I need a cigarette before I can do this. Kind of like when you're being executed, right?

Well, I'll give you some money to buy cigarettes if you want. You know I really don't want you killing yourself though.

And then I gave the kid fifteen dollars - I had twenty, but I needed to save some for lunch, I remember thinking. He tried to give me some of the weed he had on him, but I told him I didn't smoke, and that he should think about what he's going to do and make sure it is the right decision.

Then I remember running as fast as I could back to work.

When I got there, the idiot had tried to install CuteFTP on my machine and had not succeeded in doing anything but making a mess of my Dell and I was highly irritated, but I was too weirded out by what had happened during my break really to care. I yelled at him, asking him why he was in my cube, and he said, "I'm watching Army of Darkness." I just walked away.

And every time thereafter that I tried to tell someone about the kid at the park, I found that I could never finish the story - there would be an interruption, something would come up - and I found myself unable to tell anyone about the suicidal teenager on the swingset, rendering me helpless to keep him from taking his life.

I never found out what happened to him.