A few additional notes on the band:

GWAR's line-up is constantly changing. The original drummer (Nippleus Erecticus) left after their first album and guitarist Flattus Maximus melted into a puddle of krak (sic) residue (read: was on hiatus) for two albums in the early 1990s. In addition, the human personae underneath the headgear have changed with disturbing regularity.

GWAR has been immortalized in a semi-regular series of self-published comic books called Slave Pit Funnies.

Discography:
Hell-O (1988)
Scumdogs of the Universe (1990)
America Must Be Destroyed (1991)
The Road Behind (1994, EP)
This Toilet Earth (1994)
Ragnarok (1995)
Carnival of Chaos (1997)
We Kill Everything (1999)
Slaves Going Single* (2000)
Violence Has Arrived (2001)
You're All Worthless and Weak* (2002, Live)
*: Only available to the band's fan club, the Total Slavery Club

Videography:
Live From Antarctica (1990)
The Next Mutation (1991)
Tour De Scum (1991)
Phallus in Wonderland (1992)
Skulhedface (1994)
The Return of Techno Desctructo (1996)
Rendezvous with Ragnarok (1997)
Dawn of the Day of the Night of the Penguins (1998)
A Surprising Burst of Chocolatey Fudge (1998)
TVD (Television Documentary) (2001)

For more info on the band, visit their official Web site (http://www.gwar.net), or their Usenet group (news://alt.music.gwar) or their IRC channel (#gwar on gwar.irc.net)


I reviewed a GWAR album (Ragnarok) for my college newspaper in 1995. While many of the messages in GWAR songs are awfully repetive (blah blah blah...drown in blood...blah blah blah...death throes...blah blah blah...torrent of death's ghastly tide), there are the occasional nuggets. My personal favorite is the death metal/surf instrumental intro to Surf of Syn.