Television series (2002 - 2004) airing on the Showtime Cable TV network in the US and syndicated to various channels in other countries, based on the graphic novel of the same name by Hermann Huppen, and written/produced by J. Michael Straczynski (creator of Babylon 5) and Sam Egan (producer of Showtime's 1990's version of The Outer Limits).

Set in the near future, approximately fifteen years after The Big Death, a plague that killed everyone past puberty, the series follows Jeremiah (played by Luke Perry of Beverly Hills 90210 fame) and his friend Kurdy (Malcolm Jamal-Warner from The Cosby Show), in the world created by the children who survived. The series opener shows how the two meet and how they end up finding a group of survivors who have taken over Thunder Mountain, the name they have given to the NORAD facility buried in Cheyenne Mountain in Colorado (as made famous in movies such as WarGames). Jeremiah and Kurdy spend the rest of the first season working for the Thunder Mountain group, going out to seek information and make alliances with other groups of survivors. Jeremiah is also looking for information about Valhalla Sector, a place that his father was taking their family to for protection from the virus - but his father disappeared before they could make it.

In the second season, which originally aired late 2003 and early 2004, Jeremiah and Kurdy are joined by several newcomers, including Mister Smith (played by Sean Astin, fresh from his role as Samwise Gamgee in the Lord of the Rings movies), and new plot developments, as they start hearing stories of someone named Daniel, who is building his own empire in the eastern U.S.