When I was going to OSU and living in a dorm, I had to do my laundry in the community laundry room. I am a relatively trusting sort, so I put my laundry in the dryer after washing it, turned the dryer on, checked my watch, then went upstairs to wait out the dryer time in relative comfort. 40 minutes later, I came downstairs and got my laundry out of the dryer. I double checked the dryer for socks and other things that like to hide in the dryer, then went upstairs to put it away.

I had purchased some new underwear the week before, and had tossed it into the wash. I only noticed something was missing since I didn't have much in the way of non-white underwear at the time, and these panties were black. I had purchased two pair, and only one was in the pile of laundry. Since I always double check the washer and dryer when I take things out, I knew I hadn't left them behind in the laundry room.

Someone stole my new black panties out of the dryer!

I was kind of pissed off, but at the same time, I was confused. Usually when people steal underwear, don't they want the used ones? Anyway, once the underwear thing happened, I was really vigilant about watching my stuff when I did laundry. But, you can't be vigilant with everything, as I learned.

My mountain bike had quick release wheels, so I was sure to lock them up with a cable lock in addition to the Kryptonite lock. While I was in class one day, someone stole one of the nuts off my quick release wheel. When I got on my bike and started to ride away, the wheel began to come off the frame. I was able to stop in time, but I had to walk my bike home, then make a special trip to the bike store the next day to buy a new quick release nut to hold the wheel on.

I just don't understand people sometimes.