The sci-fi/action movie Tron released in 1982 was directed by Steven Lisberger. It was written by Steven Lisberger and Bonnie MacBird. The cast includes Jeff Bridges, Bruce Boxleitner, David Warner, Cindy Morgan, Barnard Hughes, Dan Shor, Peter Jurasik, and more.

A world inside the computer where man has never been. Never before now.

Kevin Flynn (Jeff Bridges) is a games programmer/video arcade owner. He used to work fro ENCOM until they stole all his ideas and fired him. Now Flynn is trying to find proof that the games, which have become immensely popular, were actually his ideas. All his hacking and cracking attempts from outside are stopped by ENCOM's MCP (Master Control Program). He needs to get inside the ENCOM building to a unrestricted terminal. With the help of some friends he gets inside and begins to use a terminal in a research lab of ENCOM. This lab is where they are researching matter/energy conversion (deconstructing and reconstructing material objects to and from energy). The MCP takes control of the "laser", deconstructs Flynn, and brings him in the ENCOM mainframe as a "program." Flynn learns that the MCP is a tyrannical dictator over all the programs in the mainframe and if programs don't follow it they are forced to combat on the Game Grid till they de-rezz (die). Also the programs have a sort of religion revolving around their "users." Now Flynn must find Tron (Bruce Boxleitner). A system security program that is probably the only program that can defeat the MCP. And hopefully get back to the Real World.

Classic computer movie. Awesome special effects for 1982. The director really used what he had well. If you use your suspension of disbelief and don't think about what actually goes on inside a computer this is a great movie. Sit back, relax, and just watch it as a entertaining adventure movie. Some of the computer landscapes were really cool. The gladiator games were awesome. I remember vividly being amazed after seeing this movie the first time. I continued to enjoy it on repeated viewings.